Ag-Inputs & Services
Leecon Poultry Enterprise, one of the largest poultry farms in Sierra Leone, has launched their new website. Click on the picture to learn more.
|Distribution||•SOBA supports ag-inputs supplies companies to establish and effectively manage a profitable and cost effective localized agents distribution channels for inputs distribution and information dissemination in Sierra Leone.|
|Financial Management systems||•SOBA through expert advise of financial management advisory companies facilitates the adoption and practice by ag-inputs supplies companies of modern financial management systems.|
|New product trials and investments||•Ag-inputs supplies companies are incentivised to make investments and trials of new, improved, high yielding products and varieties that increase smallholder farmers productivity and income.|
|Expansion and replication||•SOBA disseminates successful best practices and learning to stakeholders through appropriate channels to attract business expansions by ag-inputs companies and replication of successful best practices.|
Results to date
- Expanded ag-inputs distributions channels established with over 20 new ag-inputs distributors across the country.
- Over 200% sales growth experienced by ag-inputs supplies partners in a period of six months.
- Adoption of new products (herbicides) and high yielding varieties (red onions) by smallholder farmers.
- Adoption of new methods of ag-inputs financing to distributors/agents by inputs suppliers – rapid credit payment incentives.
- Improved financial management practices by ag-inputs supplies partners – use of QuickBooks accounting, generation of financial statements, inventory management, credit control.
In achieving the above, SOBA currently partners with the following local ag-inputs supplies companies and distributors in Sierra Leone:
- Seed-Tech International
- T-Jal Enterprises
- Fresh Salone
- Muktarr Enterprises
- United Farmers Development Association Limited